Monday, June 6, 2011

One Tree Alone in a Forest, Does Not a Forest Make

I realized today we all have these massive trials. We all battle against our weaknesses. It's not enough to pretend we're strong and keep going; sometimes, we have to let someone know we just aren't handling things. We can't withdraw. We can't pull away from those we should stay connected to.
Our connections make us stronger.
One tree alone in a forest, does not a forest make.
We have to learn to ask for help, to lean on each other, to seek after one another. If not, when our battles are raging, and we fear we are losing, there is no one to aid us, and when we fall, we fall alone.
So many of us lately have faced the trials hardest on us.
Oh, to face normal trials, but alas, I get the difficult ones. The heart wrenching, spine bowing, blood pounding, never ending ones. Pain. Loss. Confusion. And worst of all, this state of limbo.
Am I on or off?
Have I a home or not?
Is it love or never to be?
Is there hope or foolish wishing?
Will this work or not?
I get stuck in-between the questions.
I falter around and then find myself needing to seek out solace within my own thoughts and further I get until I'm a lone tree in a forgotten place and no longer do I stand strong.
We should intertwine our roots together. We should learn to face our trials knowing those who love us are aware of what we are facing and have our backs.
Some trials are made to bring us together. Some are made to make us feel alone and we must try even harder to hold to those who know and love us most. Those who appreciate the state we are in now not the state we were in before the trial.
Find those who no matter what, will be there; no matter what you say, no matter what you do, no matter who you are; they are the ones who will be your forest.
They are the ones buffering the wind. They are the ones seeking out the sun. They are the ones enriching your soil. They are they who won't leave you alone.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment