Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Hope, My Faith, My Trust in God

There are times when no matter how hard we try, we just can't make things right. We can't right wrongs for others or wave magic wands; we can't change outcomes or the past, nor can we predict the future. We can't sway people's opinions or change their minds, we can't change their hearts or erase their beliefs; no matter how much we might want to make things different in our lives, we will never be able to control these things. It is through God that we are able to keep standing. It is to His music that we continue dancing. It is through His grace that we are able to feel at peace and it is with His love that our hope takes wing. No matter the advice the world gives, no matter the inspirational quotes you read, no matter the road maps or the helping hands, it is through Him and only Him that you can get through all things; without Him, you are nothing. I see too much destruction and sorrow; I see too many dashed hopes. I see too much heartache and failed dreams and broken homes. I want to help so badly, but I had to learn over and over these past few months that I cannot control ANYTHING. No matter what I may want or may think I need, no matter what I want for others or what I think they deserve, it is not in my hands and it never will be. It's in my Heavenly Father's hands, in His time according to His will. Faith is way more than just a verb. It is the essence of what surviving becomes. It is soil that hope will bloom from. Some days, all you have is faith. All you have is the hope that hope will come. All you have is a prayer. When that is ALL you have, and all you can muster and all that is left, then, and only then, do you understand what it means to be humble and then, and only then, do you suddenly realize what you really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment