Monday, May 2, 2011

Lookin' Good There

When was the last time you looked in the mirror and said, "Wow, I look good"?
When was the last time you told someone you loved that they're really pretty, or they're the sexiest thing on the planet, or they have the most amazing eyes you will ever be privileged to behold?
I think too many of us have self esteem issues. I have them, too, don't get me wrong. We all do. It's important though to love ourselves. It's important to feel good about ourselves.
I think all women should feel like goddesses from time to time -or everyday - but they should feel wanted, pretty, amazing and most importantly: powerful.
I think guys should feel like sex gods; they should feel strong and capable yet possess a class to quietly carry their confidence - cocky is not cool.
You should be able to wear something pretty, something nice, something that makes you feel good - and for heaven's sakes, wear nice underwear from time to time. It does wonders.
Ever flirt, just to flirt? Try it! Ever compliment a stranger? Try it! I always compliment women with long, pretty hair. Why? Because to keep it that way takes work. It takes a certain love for long hair. If her hair is long, she has it down, and she looks amazing, tell her.
I like to randomly smile at guys. They light up. It's like "she smiled at me" - it's so simple, yet it makes someones day.
The one thing I rarely do is go up to mothers and go "you have the prettiest child in the world". It's kinda' creepy. Particularly if a guy tries it.
Embrace yourselves. Put on lipstick to brighten your day. Add cologne, seriously, a little goes a long way. Don't put white socks on with black pants......just don't.
And try from time to time to look in the mirror and tell yourself how great you look. I know you can't say it every day. But try, at least every few days to do so. And goshdarnit, smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment